HPE Cloud Volumes Backup Overview
HPE Cloud Volumes Backup is a service that enables you to seamlessly backup data from your on-premises arrays to the cloud. With CV Backup, you can:
- Back up critical infrastructure off-site
- Restore your data directly to HPE CV Block
- Recover your backups to your on-premises storage or to the cloud
For information about the benefits and cost of the service, see HPE CV Backup Overview.
CV Backup currently supports backing up data sets from the following Independent Software Vendors (ISV):
In addition, CV Backup can be used with HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) to back up data from your 3PAR, Primera, and Nimble Storage volumes.
To create a backup connection between your ISV client and HPE CV Backup, you need to complete the following steps:
- Create a Backup Store on the HPE Cloud Volumes portal.
- Download your security credentials and the Secure Client.
- Create a backup connection using the Secure Client.
The above steps are covered in more detail in the following sections.