HPE Cloud Volumes Backup Overview
HPE Cloud Volumes Backup is a service that enables you to seamlessly back up data from your on-premises arrays to the cloud. With CV Backup, you can:
- Back up critical infrastructure off-site
- Restore your data directly to HPE CV Block
- Recover your backups to your on-premises storage or to the cloud
For information about the benefits and cost of the service, see HPE CV Backup Overview.
CV Backup currently supports the following backup applications:
- Commvault Backup and Recovery
- Micro Focus Data Protector
- Veeam Backup & Replication
- Veritas Net Backup
- Veritas Backup Exec
In addition, CV Backup can be used with HPE Recovery Manager Central (RMC) to back up data from your 3PAR, Primera, and Nimble Storage volumes.
For further information about particular support, review the HPE Cloud Volumes Support Matrix.
To create a backup connection between your application and HPE CV Backup, complete the following steps:
- Create a Backup Store on the HPE Cloud Volumes portal.
- Download your security credentials and the Secure Client.
- Create a backup connection using the Secure Client.
The above steps are covered in more detail in the following sections.