Configuring AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes
Note: If you have enabled HPE Cloud Volumes to automatically retrieve information from your cloud account, you do not need to configure AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes.
To configure AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes:
- Create a volume if you have not already done so.
Click Connections in the HPE Cloud Volumes menu and ensure that the connection between your network and the HPE Nimble network is in the "confirming" state.
If the connection is in the "confirming" state, complete the following steps:
- Go to the AWS DirectConnect Console.
- Click the Virtual Interface with Confirming state and click on the ID or click View Details
- At the top right, click Accept.
- Select Virtual Private Gateway and then select the VPC that you want to connect to.
- Go to the AWS VPC Dashboard.
- In Route Tables, select the route table associated with the VPC that was used in the volume request.
- Click the Route Propagation tab, click Edit, and then click the Propagate check box.
- Verify that the connection is complete. To do this, go to the Route Tables in the VPC Management Console and confirm that the new routes appear when you click on the correct table and select the Routes tab.
After you have finished configuring AWS, the connection in both the Connections section of the HPE Cloud Volumes portal and in the AWS UI should be in the "available" state.
Important: Route propagation and state changes for connections can take up to 15 minutes to complete. During that time, the state of the virtual interfaces might temporarily appear in the "down" state before changing to the "available" state. Make sure you allow sufficient time for these state changes to occur.