Automating Azure Account Information Retrieval
To automate Azure account information retrieval:
- Create a new Azure application.
- Create new instances of the following identifiers:
- Azure Client ID
- Azure Secret
- Azure Tenant ID
- Enable the new application to make changes to your Azure account.
- Add the new identifiers to HPE CV settings.
To perform these tasks, complete the following steps:
- Log in to the Azure portal and go to the Azure Active Directory.
- Select App Registrations.
- Click New Registration.
- Complete the following steps:
- Enter a name for the application in the name field. (Example: HPE CV). Record this information for future use.
- Under Redirect URIC select Web.
- Type any valid URL in the Redirect URI field. (Example: http://localhost:8080).
- Click Register.
- Navigate to Apps Registration and complete the following steps:
- Click the application name.
- Click Certificates & Secrets.
- Click New Client Secret.
- Select a time frame.
Click Add. This generates a Value. Record the Value that is generated for future use.
Note: The Value is the Azure Secret that you will add to HPE CV Settings.
Close the Certificates & Secrets pane, and then navigate to Apps Registration.
- Click the registration name.
- Copy the Application (client) ID and the Directory (tenant) ID, and record these values for future use. (Note that you will need to add both the client ID and the tenant ID to your HPE CV settings.)
- Navigate to the Subscriptions section of the Azure portal and click the Subscription ID that contains the resources you want to access.
- Grant the new application privileges to make changes in your Azure account by completing these steps:
- In the Subscription section, click Access Control (IAM)and then click Add.
- Select Add Role Assignment.
- Select the Contributor role.
- In the Select field, type and search for the application name that you specified in Step 4. When the application is found, select it.
- Click Save.
- Add the Client ID, Tenant ID, and Secret that you obtained and recorded in the previous steps to HPE CV settings:
- In the HPE CV main menu, click Cloud Accounts.
- Select the Cloud Account that you created when you registered your cloud provider, and then click Edit Cloud Account from the Actions menu.
- Enter your Client ID, Tenant ID, and Secret in the appropriate fields, and then click Next.
- Select the users who you want to access the cloud account, and then click Save.