Configuring Cloud Networking
Configuring AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes
Note: If you have enabled HPE Cloud Volumes to automatically retrieve information from your cloud account, you do not need to configure AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes.
To configure AWS for use with HPE Cloud Volumes:
- Create a volume if you have not already done so.
Click Connections in the HPE Cloud Volumes menu and ensure that the connection between your network and the HPE Nimble network is in the "confirming" state.
If the connection is in the "confirming" state, complete the following steps:
- Go to the AWS DirectConnect Console.
- Click the Virtual Interface with Confirming state and click on the ID or click View Details
- At the top right, click Accept.
- Select Virtual Private Gateway and then select the VPC that you want to connect to.
- Go to the AWS VPC Dashboard.
- In Route Tables, select the route table associated with the VPC that was used in the volume request.
- Click the Route Propagation tab, click Edit, and then click the Propagate check box.
- Verify that the connection is complete. To do this, go to the Route Tables in the VPC Management Console and confirm that the new routes appear when you click on the correct table and select the Routes tab.
After you have finished configuring AWS, the connection in both the Connections section of the HPE Cloud Volumes portal and in the AWS UI should be in the "available" state.
Important: Route propagation and state changes for connections can take up to 15 minutes to complete. During that time, the state of the virtual interfaces might temporarily appear in the "down" state before changing to the "available" state. Make sure you allow sufficient time for these state changes to occur.
Configuring Azure for use with HPE Cloud Volumes
Note: If you have enabled HPE Cloud Volumes to automatically retrieve information from your cloud account, you do not need to configure Azure for use with HPE Cloud volumes.
To configure Microsoft Azure for use with HPE Cloud Volumes:
Log into the HPE Cloud Volume portal and do the following:
- Create a volume.
Click the Connections page and record the Authorization Key and Peer Circuit URI. This information is needed for the next step.
Important: Make sure you allow sufficient time for the connection state to change to
Provisioned/Enabledbefore proceeding to the next step.
Connect the ExpressRoute circuit that HPE Nimble Storage creates to a Virtual Gateway inside a VNet:
- Log into your Microsoft Azure account and click the New icon.
- Search for Connection, select it, and then click Create.
- In the Basics blade, make sure the Connection type is set to ExpressRoute.
- Fill in the details, then click OK in the Basics blade.
- In the Settings blade, select Virtual network gateway and then check the Redeem Authorization check box.
- Enter the Authorization Key and the Peer Circuit URI that you obtained in Step 3.2, and then provide a name in the Connection Name field. Click OK.
- Review the information in the Summary blade, and then click OK.
Configuring Google Cloud Platform for use with HPE CV
To configure Google Cloud Platform (GCP) for use with HPE CV:
- Create a Volume for your GCP account.
- Click the volume you created. Scroll to and retrieve both your HPE Project ID and your HPE VPC Name. Save this information for future use.
- Log into your Google Cloud Platform account.
- From the Navigation menu, select VPC Network > VPC network peering.
- Click CREATE PEERING CONNECTION.
- Click Continue.
- Type the name of the peer in the Name field.
- Under Your VPC network, select the VPC that you used when you created your volume.
- Under Peered VPC network, select the In another project radio button.
- Under Project ID, enter the HPE Project ID that you retrieved in Step 2.
- Under VPC network name, enter the HPE VPC Name that you retrieved in Step 2.
- Click Exchange custom routes and then select the Import custom routes check box.
Note: Allow enough time for the peering status to change to active before using your volume. You can find the peering status on the Connections page.