Creating a Cloud Replication Partner
Before creating a cloud replication partner on your HPE Nimble Storage array, make sure you first create a replication store in HPE Cloud Volumes.
You can create a cloud replication partner on your on-premises array either from the HPE CV GUI or from the on-premises array GUI.
Creating a Cloud Replication Partner from the HPE CV GUI
To create a cloud replication partner on your on-premises array from the HPE CV GUI:
- From the HPE CV menu, click Replication Partners.
- Click New On-Premises Replication Partner
Provide the following information:
- Name - Type any name that is meaningful to you
- Hostname - Type the hostname or IP of the on-premises array
- Username - Type the username you use to log into the on-premises array
- Password - Type the password you use to log into the on-premises array
- Replication Store - Select the replication store that you created in HPE CV
Note: It is recommended that you log on to your on-premises array and verify that the status of the new cloud replication partner is Alive before you proceed to create a volume collection.
Creating a Cloud Replication Partner from the on-premises array GUI
Note: Creating a replication partner from the array GUI is not currently supported for
Important: If you are using NimOS 5.2.x or higher, you must create a cloud replication partner using the HPE CV GUI.
To create a cloud replication partner on your on-premises array from the array GUI:
- Log on to the array and click Manage > Data Protection.
- Click Replication Partners, and then click the plus (+) sign. The Create Replication Partner dialog appears.
Click Cloud Replication, enter your HPE CV credentials, and click Next.
Note: A HPE Nimble Storage array can be paired with HPE CV using only one HPE CV user account. Once a user sets up replication to HPE CV, no other user can set up replication, unless the user is an HPE CV administrator.
Select a replication store and optionally provide a description and an inbound location. Then click Next.
- Optionally create a QoS Policy to limit replication bandwidth during specific time periods.
Click Create. The replication partner is created.
When you first create the replication partner, the status of the partner appears as Created-Connecting. However, after a connection is established between the replication partner and the replication store, the replication partner status changes to Alive:
Important: Make sure you wait until the status of the replication partner changes to Alive before you proceed to create a volume collection. Also note that you must refresh your browser to see the status of the replication partner change.