Automating AWS Account Information Retrieval
To automate AWS account information retrieval, you must generate an AWS Role ARN and add this identifier to your HPE Cloud Volumes account settings.
- Log into the AWS console and navigate to Services.
- Click IAM.
- In the IAM dashboard, select Roles and then click Create Role.
- Under Select type of trusted entity select Another AWS Account.
- Enter HPE Nimble Account Owner ID 815665286609 into the Account ID field.
- Check the Require external ID check box, and then enter your External ID. (Note that your External ID is the same as the AWS External ID. To obtain your External ID, click User Settings from the user icon menu and copy the ID that appears in the AWS External ID field). Do not check the Require MFA box. Then click Next: Permissions.
Select and add the following policies in the Attach Policy page:
Click Next: Tags after you have added the policies.
(Optional) Add any user-defined tags.
Click Next: Review
Enter a name for the role in the Role Name field, and then click Create Role.
- Click the newly created role, and then copy the Role ARN to the clipboard.
- In the HPE CV main menu, click Cloud Accounts
- Select the Cloud Account that you created when you registered your cloud provider and then click Edit Cloud Account from the Actions menu.
- Paste your Role ARN into the Role ARN field, and then click Next.
- Select the users who you want to access the cloud account and then click Save.